Areas of expertise:
- Insolvency law
- Reorganisation and restructuring
- Company law
- Commercial law
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
Dr. Matthias Soppa is a lawyer at GRUB BRUGGER's Stuttgart location.
He advises and represents companies and shareholders in the fields of commercial, corporate and insolvency law. In particular, he represents creditors, shareholders and corporate bodies, both in and out of court, in asserting or defending claims against insolvency administrators. He also represents the interests of insolvency administrators in asserting insolvency and company law claims, as well as defending against such claims.
In addition, Dr. Matthias Soppa represents companies in M & A transactions and corporate transformations.
- 2018: Started work at GRUB BRUGGER
- 2014-2018: Lawyer at a medium-sized law firm in Stuttgart specializing in business and corporate law
- 2013-2014: Lawyer at a medium-sized commercial law firm in Stuttgart
- Postgraduate studies ("Legum Magister") in Corporate Restructuring (LL.M. Corp. Restruc.), University of Heidelberg
- Doctorate at the chair of Professor Bernd Heinrich, University of Tübingen
- Studied law at the University of Tübingen and at the University of Exeter (UK)
- Die Strafbarkeit des Whistleblowers ("The Criminal Liability of the Whistleblower"); Tectum Verlag, Baden-Baden 2018 (Dissertation, 2017)
- Member of the Alumni Legum Magister Corporate Restructuring e. V.
German, English, Polish