Areas of expertise:
- Labour law
- Insolvency law
- Commercial law
- Company law
- Insurance law
- Transport law
Manon Hotz is a lawyer and partner at GRUB BRUGGER's Stuttgart location. She is a specialist in both labour law and insurance law. At the same time, she is also a lecturer at the Business Economics and Environment University, Nürtingen-Geislingen on the subject of 'Labour Law in Insolvency', in the context of the Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Management master's degree programme.
A major part of Manon Hotz's work is in advising companies on restructuring and reorganisation - especially in times of crisis. Her activities also include the related negotiations with works councils and trade unions concerning company agreements and collective bargaining agreements, and in particular the reconciliation of interests and social plan negotiations. As a specialist in labour law, Ms. Hotz continues to provide advice on all aspects of individual and collective labour law, among other things with an emphasis on the interface to insolvency. Her duties also include the drafting of contracts of employment and conducting litigation, including employment protection proceedings. In addition, she advises and represents managing directors, board members and other executives. To a particular extent, Ms. Hotz also advises on questions concerning the law on temporary employment, as well as on company pension schemes.
As a specialist in insurance law, Ms. Hotz acts on behalf of insurers, insurance brokers and policyholders in all lines of insurance in judicial and extrajudicial proceedings, whether the issue concerns D&O insurance, personal insurance (for example, disability and medical expenses insurance), transport and traffic liability insurance or in property (non-life) insurance.
Another special focus of Ms. Hotz's work is transport, forwarding and logistics law. Here, freight and logistics contracts, rights of lien of the forwarder or storer, as well as cases of damage all play a central role.
- 2016: Began work at GRUB BRUGGER
- 2016: Specialist lawyer for insurance law
- 2006: Specialist lawyer for labour law
- 2002: Lawyer and later partner at Schiefer & Schmid
- 2001: Admission to the bar
- Member of the Labour Law Working Group in the German Association of Lawyers (DAV)
- Member of the Insurance Law Working Group in the German Association of Lawyers (DAV)
- Member of the Transport and Forwarding Law Working Group in the German Association of Lawyers (DAV)
- Member of the German Association of Lawyers (DAV)
- Member of the “Anwaltverein Stuttgart e.V.“ bar association
- Member of the German Society for Transport Law