Areas of expertise:
- Liability of boards of directors and managers
- Compliance and corporate liability law
- Intellectual property and competition law
- Insolvency law
- Banking and capital market law
Dr. Michael Jilek is a lawyer and partner at GRUB BRUGGER’s Munich location.
He advises his clients in both in-court and out-of-court disputes about liability issues in the field of liability of corporate bodies and companies. His experience in this field and his ability to develop non-judicial and judicial strategies for its clients, even in complex matters, is the key to representing the interests of the target group.
In addition, Dr. Michael Jilek advises on the perception of copyright, design and trademarks rights and the extrajudicial and judicial defence of them, in particular at the interface to the insolvency and competition legislation
- 2014: Partner at GRUB BRUGGER
- 2010: Started work at GRUB BRUGGER
- 2005: Lawyer at Nachmann Rechtsanwälte, Munich
- Worked on his doctoral thesis under Professor Wolfgang Schuhmacher at the Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (Austria)
- Studied law at the Universities of Passau, Lausanne (Switzerland) and at the Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich
- Multistate - Verstöße im Immaterialgüterrecht - ein "nur" kollisionsrechtliches Problem? Die kollisionsrechtliche Behandlung grenzüberschreitender Verletzungshandlungen im Urheberrecht, insbesondere im Bereich digitaler Medien (Multistate - violations of intellectual property law – “only” a problem of a conflict of laws? The conflict-of-law treatment of cross-border infringements in copyright, particularly in the field of digital media) (Dissertation)
- Member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)