Areas of expertise:
- Reorganisation and restructuring
- Insolvency law
- Banking and capital market law
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Company acquisitions in special situations (distressed mergers and acquisitions)
- Company law
Michael Vilgertshofer is a lawyer and partner at GRUB BRUGGER’s Munich location.
For many years, Mr. Vilgertshofer has been advising clients in special situations related to insolvency. His core competences are in advising companies and entrepreneurs in economic crises faced with looming insolvency and representing the interests of individual participants in insolvency proceedings. This work includes the assertion and defence of liability claims and, in particular, advising on the purchase and sale of companies out of insolvency.
Legal advice in an insolvency-related environment not only requires special expertise in insolvency law but regularly also knowledge of banking law, which Mr. Vilgertshofer has proven in both areas of jurisdiction by successfully completing the theoretical law examination; he makes use of this expertise on an everyday basis.
Another success factor is Mr. Vilgertshofer’s ability to manage the conflicting interests of a variety of stakeholders in order to develop solutions and then also to implement them practically. This presupposes the ability to resolve conflicts involving litigation if necessary; Mr. Vilgertshofer also has many years of experience as a trial lawyer.
- 2010: Started work as a partner at GRUB BRUGGER
- 2000: Partner in the Nachman law firm
- 1996: Vilgertshofer & Kollegen, Lawyers
- Studied law at the University of Munich
- Co-author of the country report on Germany in Kindler/Nachmann (editors), Handbuch Insolvenzrecht in Europa (Handbook on insolvency law in Europe)
- Specialist lawyer examination in insolvency
- Specialist lawyer examination in banking and capital market law
- Member of the Munich Bar Association