Areas of expertise:
- Insolvency law
- Insolvency administration
- Shielded proceedings
Dr. Wolfgang Bilgery is a lawyer and partner at GRUB BRUGGER’s Stuttgart location.
Right from the outset, he has specialised in bankruptcy law and has outstanding expertise in reorganisation of companies in the context of insolvency proceedings, for example through insolvency plans. Dr. Bilgery is considered a reliable partner, especially in complex and difficult proceedings.
Dr. Bilgery has been appointed administrator by numerous insolvency courts, especially in South Germany, in several hundred corporate insolvency cases in all branches of industry. He successfully concluded insolvency proceedings involving various companies of the Drescher group as one of the first major shielded insolvency proceedings.
- 1990: Partner at GRUB BRUGGER
- 1984: Started work at GRUB BRUGGER
- Studied law at the University of Tübingen
- Die Eigenverwaltung in der Konzerninsolvenz (Self-administration in the group insolvency), ZInsO 2014 1694
- Der schlanke Insolvenzplan (The lean insolvency plan), DZWIR 2001, 316
- Die Stellung der Banken als Sicherungsgläubiger im neuen Insolvenzrecht (The position of banks as the collateral receiver in the new insolvency law), Commemorative publication for Hermann-Wilfred Bayer, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft Baden-Baden, 1998
- Die steuerliche Vergünstigungsnorm im Lichte der Theorie vom Stufenaufbau des Steuertatbestandes (The tax privilege standard in light of the theory of the stepped construction of the taxable event) (Dissertation 1988)
- Member of the Verband Insolvenzverwalter Deutschlands e.V. (Registered Association of lnsolvency Administrators) (VID)
- Member of the German Association of Lawyers (DAV)
- until August 2019 Chairman of the “Specialist lawyer for insolvency” Audit Committee of the Stuttgart Chamber of Lawyers